news today (11/2/10)
- The pigs of greek police blame Avgoustis Dimitriou for "resistance against authorities" and "throwing bottles and stones" during the demonstration of 17th November 2006 in Thessaloniki. On this day, Avgoustis was brutally beated up from undercover pigs who blamed him later for participating in riots. In the court they stated that "he was never beated up and his injuries came after he fell down on the sidewalk". The video that came up later denied all the pigs' statements. The student from Cyprus asks now through a trial for 1 million euros because of physical and psychological damages that were caused after the event. The pigs now start a counter-trial action.
Video of the pigs' actions on this day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqnRkXXPfN4&feature=related
- Behind the jailbars two underage children from georgia, brothers 13 and 15 years old, who stole some stuff of 10 euros value. The event happened on 5th February in the town of Giannitsa and the children were cought on the spot. The trial took place on Monday, the children were judged with one year of imprisoning and were driven to Kassaveteias' jailhouse in Volos town. According to information there was a reaction from the prisoners of the jailhouse when they saw transfering two minors behind the bars. Already actions have started so the children will be immediatelly released and because of this certain event also to release all the hundreds of imprisoned underage children.
- "Club of Night Experimentations" urban guerrilla organisation took the responsibility for the looting action against Agricultural Bank in Ioannina town. They want direct release of the comrades Alfredo Bonnano and Christos Stratigopoulos. Freedom for Ilias Nikolaou. Fredom for Masouras, Giospas, Chatzimichelakis, Nikos and all the people who are accused as members of the "Conspiracy Cells of the Fire". Solidarity with Giannis Dimitrakis and all the comrades who are chased by the law. Solidarity with Polykarpos Georgiadis and Vassilis Chrysochoidis who are judged these days for the kidnap of Mylonas industrialist case.
- Today at 17:00 spoke on anarchist radio through phone connection P. Georgiadis and S. Stratoulis persons who have already inspired and enforced the movement in prisons. The program took place under the radio series of Initiative for Prisoners' Rights Organisation.
- Attack with stones and pieces of marbles against Z-team pigs in Athens. The pigs arrived behind the Highest Economical University after a call to the pig station about a car robbery. The rain of stones came after a pig took out his helmet and serious injures were caused to him. As it was proved later, the guy who was trying to steal the car was the owner of it and he has just lost the keys.
- Blockade in Apopigadi mountain region of Chania, Creta. Many people gathered today at Anavos on the crossroad for Spina village in response against the construction of wind energy farm by "Aiolic Mousouron" Company around the region. After the yesterday's events many people from Chania and villages around arrived to express their solidarity with the residents who oppose against the construction of wind energy park because their properties get violated and gets destroyed a whole region, the natural resources and the environment in the name of Multinational Companies' economical profit. So, today mourning a new blockade took place in purpose to stop the company's vehicles from entering the region and open a new road to start the construction of the park. But as it appeared, this time the cops did not have any orders to arrest anyone, while also a prosecutor was among them who informed the citizens that the construction will not start until certain law elements in relation with the construction company will be cleared. The prosecutor will check these elements to judge if the project is legal.
- "Cell of Unordinary War" urban guerrilla organisation took the responsibility for the looting device on 9th February in the entrence of the Judge Court of Ksanthi town. Their action a part of the clas war that has already bagun. Freedom for all the political prisoners.