- Pinera is a Populist right-wing leader, educated in Harvard. A billionaire belonging to the class of people whose fortune lies in the immiseration and poverty of the vast majority of Chilean population. His policy is nothing but more of the same shit of which all South America (and the whole world) have already had enough. Neo-liberal measures to increase “productivity” which in translation for us means more time of our lives wasted in wage labour slavery in an increasingly precarious situation while people like him gets more and more profit.
- Pinera is highly skilful in mass manipulation. He knows how to address the masses (with the inestimable aid of the well domesticated mass media) and to cash in on every single opportunity to present himself as the opposite of what it is. His genocidal and fascistic leanings are being purposely hidden behind a media-fabricated aura of “strong leadership”, “charisma” and a badly faked preoccupation for the state of his “workers” and those in need. (Hitler used to do the same, democracy ow so much to “Historical” Fascism..)
- Pinera is not hesitating in unleashing the most fascistic and Orwellian methods to criminalise and ruthlessly pounce on those who do not believe his bullshit and oppose his regime and the whole capitalist system and the state. The latest example has been the arrest and imprisonment on remand of 8 anarchist militants of Santiago, all done without any conclusive proof.
- Pinera has continued and even worsened the particular ongoing war between the Chilean state and the Mapuche people, imprisoning and repressing these ancestral native population and applying on them the anti-terrorist law (passed during the Pinochet Dictatorship) which among other things allows for the “justicia ciega” (blind justice) with the presence of witnesses wearing balaclavas in the trials. After a huger strike of 90 days by Mapuche political prisoners this law has been withdrawn but still the future for the Mapuche is grim, with their lands surrounded and constantly under attack by the profit seeking interests of Western corporations which is to say THE MAIN CLIENTS OF PINERA.
- Pinera is the perfect puppet president for the western interests in the region. The aim of his European tour being to lick the boots of those countries with direct economical interests and investments in Chile via multinational corporations exploiting mining and other natural resources in Chilean soil. UK has the dubious privilege of having deployed this policy with Chile from long ago, including the times of Pinochet's dictatorship to which this country stood out as one of its main suppliers of weapons.
- In Chile there has been a continuous climate of social unrest and conflict from the dictatorship to these days. People in there have never expected anything to change with the arrival of REAL EXISTING DEMOCRACY and to a great extent their suspicions have been confirmed but the hard real-life facts. This explains the proneness of an increasing sector of the population to fight against the new demo-fascist tyrants and follow a revolutionary path that we respect.
- While pinera was having fun in his particular reality show another strike broke out in minas “El Toqui” with 280 miners following the action. No media coverage said a word. The same goes for the arrested anarchists and the Mapuche militant 90 days hunger strike in the prisons of Temuco, Angol, Valdivia and Concepcion.
- Pinera's brother is a die-hard far-right militant who has defended Pinochet in countless occasions and used to be a minister of labour during the Dictatorship.
- Pinera has spent in between 10 and 20 millions of dollars in his particularly egotistic and self-promoting soap opera with the miners. The latter have been badly utilised in order to send an utterly false message of national unity and national proud which is supposed to make not distinctions between rich and poor, indigenous and westernised population. All of it is happening this year, 200 anniversary of the creation of the Chilean state.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Anarchists solidarity protest outside Korydallos prison, the main prison in Athens, at the time of the change of the year. This protest happens every New Year's Eve for the past six years. This year more than 400 people took part in the protest that interacted with the prisoners inside through shouting mutual slogans and fireworks. The main slogan was "The passion for freedom is stronger that your prisons".
A society that punishes/the condition of incarceration/the prison of the mind/the prison as punishment/the rage of the damned will sound on the ruins of prisons/those denying obedience and misery of our era even within its hellholes/will dance together on the ruins of every last prison/with the flame of rebellion avenging whatever creates prisons.
To the prisoners struggle already counting one dead and thousands in hunger strike across greece, we stand in solidarity and anger until the destruction of every last prison.
ARSON AND WILDFIRE FOR EVERY PRISON
SOLIDARITY TO ALL PRISONERS IN GREECE
VIDEO FROM THE COMRADES IN THE SUPERMARKET IN SALONIKI 15/6
About 30 anarchists with helmets and hoods went into the supermarketnear the university of Saloniki and destroyed the security system! They took the foodstuff from the shelves and also took the moneyfrom the cash desk and burnt it outside the supermarket!nobody arrested!!
IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF ANARCHIST REVOLUTIONARIES
AND TO ANARCHIST KOSTANDINA KARAKATSANI
(accused for being members of Conspiracy of cells of fire)
Solidarity to urban guerillas Kostas Gournas, Nikos Maziotis, Pola Roupa
and to anarchists, Christophoros Kortesis, Sarantos Nikitopoulos, Vaggelis Stathopoulos
that are prosecuted for the "Revolutionary Struggle" case
Comrade salutes to urban guerilla Dimitris Koufodinas
and the unrepentant of the "17th November" group.
Solidarity to the inprisoned anarchists Simos Seisidis, Giannis Dimitrakis,
Michal Pawlak (polish comrade that is inprisoned in koridallos prisons for the events on 6/12/09,
Polikarpos Gewrgiadis, Christos Stratigopoulos, Alfredo Bonnano, Ilias Nikolaou and Aris Seirinidis
HONOUR TO URBAN GUERILLA LAMBROS FOUNDAS
Against the state, prison, capital.