- Massive gathering on the today's time-table changing of workers at METKA factory in Volos town in solidarity with the three syndicalist workers' vindictive redudancies (watch older update). Open assemblies of the factory's workers were straightly organised and workers from other sectors also in solidarity with their actions. The assemblies decided for a pan-workers' strike in Volos town on the 18th of February. Parts of the official syndicalistic leadership tried to block the workers from their direct-democratic decisions in purpose to delay their struggle. Fotos:https://athens.indymedia.org/front.php3?lang=el&article_id=1132698
- 'Looting Brigades' urban guerrilla organisation took the responsibility for the looting actions against two government organisations in Irakleio town on Creta island. As they state, their targets will be any authoritans' stracture which gets involved in the social control methods.
- 'Groups for Destruction of Social Peace' took the responsibility for two looting devicies at Emporiki Bank in Zografou district of Athens early in the mourning on 15th February. Their action in solidarity with all the social fighters who are under provisionally hostage by the state and with people who fight for social freedom.
- Bomb explosion at the offices of 'JP Morgan' multinational financial company in Kolonaki district of Athens. A phone-call to 'Eleftherotypia' newspaper has happened 30 minutes before the explosion, asking from the journalist to call the cops and evacuate the area so there would be no victims.
- In a historic campaign and gathering are moving the workers of the Zone with the help of the Coordination of Self-organization. On the poster of Self-organization was shown to all the people of Piraeus the well-hidden secret of the city, the fascist dictatorship that has been enforced by the pseudo-communistic parliament party of Greece in the Zone and the destructive spree in which it has undergone since decades now by letting the ships sale away. At the same time, they invite all the people in practical support of their struggle for trade union democracy, for development and not to pass the zone in the hands of Chinese sosialfascists! The anouncement:
Gathering of Self-organization of workers in the Zone
Open Call for Assembly in local basketball court
NONE GHETTO OF PAME
NEITHER A WAREHOUSE OF CHINA
THE SHIPBUILDING ZONE OF PERAMA
Since 4 months now, the desperate workers of shipbuilding Zone of Perama district we have started a fight for our survival but also for the survival of the last heavy industry in Piraeus. Unfortunately the situation has come to a dead-end: The ships have disappeared, and China wants to take the Zone and turn it into warehouse.
The worst of all is that meanwhile the Directors' Board in the union of metal which is entirely controlled by the PAME (syndicalistic organisation of parliamentary communistic party) not only does nothing about all this but also on the great crisis and unemployment has turned the zone into a ghetto of their own oppression, injustice and destruction. So:
First: They put their own people in the few places of work and throw us all the other. This succeeds because it uses the State Health & Security Committees in the Zone, so that tells to the contractors: or you are taking our own people to work or we will appeal in strict compliance with the regulation and turn off your jobs. And they have to get the people from the Directors' Board in the work to keep their peace of mind and so workers who do not keep good contacts with the Board have serious unemployment problems.
Second: It makes non-stop and every now and then strikes and opens and closes the zone not for requests that concider us but to delay repairs and to block the ships whenever they want. Also they do not allow for modernization projects such as tanks and cranes under the reason that such projects will be constructed by capitalists, but today there is nothing more than capitalists around. The result is that now with the crisis while there is work to other shipyards, there is no work in the Zone. In addition to our hungry families, we believe that this is a criminal plan to guide the Zone to stagnation and closure and sell it out for nothing to their partners, Chinese slaveholders, leaving thousands of workers unemployed who are now living because of the Zone.
Maybe someone will wonder: How PAME gets so far the majority in the Board of the Syndicate Metal after so many unreliable actions? It takes the majority with a 'legal' fraud. We explain: The Metal Union is not only a part of the Zone but a sectoral association of all other branches of Metalworkers union of Attica region, so they have signed up 2000 workers from inside the Zone and another 9000 from outside of the Zone who work in other shipyards and factories where the have their own unions and in small businesses which are unrelated to the Zone. So PAME, because it has a strong party network, uses among those 9000 the certain persons who are needed to take the majority in the elections every two years and brings them to vote for the Directors' Board. This way they always keep the majority.
To stop this destruction and dictatorship that deprives us of the dignity and our bread, we self-organized meetings with more than 300 members and we invited all colleagues -also those of PAME- to create an Association only for the area of our work, an independant Association of the Zone like the rest of the workers around Greece, and if PAME will take the majority of this Association, then it can still be on leadrship. But PAME denied, so we started a signatures' petition for a normal Zone Association. Then it began a campaign of terror by aiming people who signed as "breakers" and "agents of employers" and also threatening that "if these persons will keep on they will be blocked by the Board and never find a job again in the Zone".
Of course, we will keep defending our lives and our trade union rights against the ghetto of PAME and its' fraud and we will be fighting for one and single Association of all workers in the Zone which will totally resist against the employers as we used to do during our history and not in the ways of PAME in the Zone. PAME competes employers who do not play its' game and betrays us when we fight against employers who are mouth-pieces of it.
We call all the workers of Piraeus and Athens to morally condemn this behavior so we can have syndicalistic union democracy and not a ghetto in the Zone, so there can be working places, so boats will come, so modernization will be stractured and above all not to be sold the Zone to the Chinese colonialists. While we have such a debt as a country and such unemployment when we let the boats sail away, when gets sold out and closed down the last profit sector of heavy industrial in Greece it means the biggest crime. This concerns the whole of Piraeus and the whole country. So we ask for the support of all the people in Pireaus and Greece