- Clashes between pensioners who were demonstrating in Athens and pigs who were protecting a government building. The "social character" of the state was proved for one more time by sending special pigs' units against third age people.
- Demonstration in Thessaloniki town by anti-capitalistic organizations against the government and EU economical program. Also many panhellenic protests organized by KKE (Communistic Parliamentary Party).
- Demonstration in Ioannina town against the economical programm organized by Initiative of Struggle and Resistance with participation of out-parliamentary communists, anarchists, individuals, libertarian parliamentary communists.
- N.V., 21 years old, who was prejailed after being accused for participation in the Conspiracy Cells of the Fire Urban Guerrilla Organization was released today. The comrade has been in pre-jail custody since the 1st of February, when he was arrested, because of a finger-print of him on a plastic bag which was found inside the so called "terrorists hide-out" by the antiterrorist pig forces. (watch older update)
- Four local TV-stations in Patras town squatted for some minutes by members of PAME (syndicalists of communistic parliament party). The workers entered the buildings of the TV-stations before the beginning of the news and announced a manifestation about the mobilization demonstrations on the 4th March against the economical program of the goverment and EU.
Thursday 4th March 2010
- Members of PAME squatted the Ministry of Finance for seven hours close to the parliament in the city of Athens. The syndicalists have organized mobilization actions in 62 different towns around Greece and call for a General Strike for tomorrow against the government's economical program. GSEE (General Confederation of Workers Greece), the official bourgeoisie organization that can register one more General Strike, event that a lot of workers and unions ask for, refuses to announce for it.
Foto from the Ministry of Finance: https://athens.indymedia.org/front.php3?lang=el&article_id=1138961
- The front-glass at the offices of PASOK ("socialistic" party on government) in Arta town got smashed during last night. One more action against the economical plans of the government ...
- State Agency of Workers' Care building was squatted this mourning by nurses in Thessaloniki. A demonstration also took place at 10:00 against the government's economical plans.
- General Accounting State Office in Athens squatted by dismissed workers of Olympic Airways.
- Early in the mourning was finished the panhellenic strike of taxi drivers. As they say, if the government will insist in the economical program they will start a General Continuesly Strike.
- Workers of United Textiles squatted the offices of Region Eastern Macedonia-Thrace in Komotini town. They also escalate their actions against the government and EU economical program.
- Demonstration in Athens with the participation of almost 16.000 people. Around 10.000 in the block of independant base's syndicates, out-parliamentary communistic organizations, anarchists, etc. and the rest of the people at the block of PAME. Some clashes with cops in front of the parliament who used tear-gas against the protestors who responded with stones. Some banks smashed down, some multinational shopping malls. Barricades also at Akademias & Sinas streets and clashes with special pigs' forces. People also have stopped the traffic in several avenues informing the people to join the actions. Mass Media in Greece refuse to report about the mobilizations. Another important thing is that the people in the streets are really angry and carry lot of rage which do not have any problem to express: the attacks against cops happen at once when it is needed, but also many people discuss with them trying to explain that in their uniforms they only serve the rich elite of this system. Also, some independant researches (and not payed polls with pre-made results) show that 95.5% of the people in Greece do not believe in what Mass Media present. Together with these results the state propaganda about "national unity and obedience to the austerity program" is not believed by people.
- Two demonstrations-gatherings also in Thessaloniki under rain, one called by PAME and the other by independent organizations which gathered some thousands of people.
Strike-Storm Report of the next days:
- Friday 5th March: 3 hours stop of working, from 12:00 to 15:00, was announced by GSEE-ADEDY. In Thessaloniki, 4 hours stop of working as was announced by the Labor Centre Thessaloniki from 12:00 to 16:00 with public traffic busses also participating in. 24 hours STRIKE for the Train Organization Greece. In the strike participate also journalists of the public sector and maybe journalists in privet sector will join with 2 hours stop of working from 10:00 to 12:00.
- 24 hours Strike announced by ADEDY for the 16th of March. (It is also under discussion to transfer the Strike between the 8th and 12th of March)
- Friday 5th March, 24 hour STRIKE of journalists in public television and radio sector.
- Friday 5th March, 24 hour STRIKE for trains, underground, electric railways, tram in Athens.
- Friday 5th March, call from PAME for 24 hour strike. Participation has also announced already many base's syndicates.
- GSEE (General Confederation Workers Greece) will decide in the next days for a new 24 or 48 General Strike.
- Friday 5th March, 24 hour strike from teachers and professors.
- Friday 5th March, demonstration of pensioners and gathering in front of the Labor Centre Thessaloniki.
- Friday 5th March, motorcycle demonstration in solidarity with the Egyptian fishermen workers in Thessaloniki. (watch older update)
- Owners of trucks and water-transfering trucks start organizing their actions against the government's economical plans.
- Workers of tax-offices on 48 hour strike on 8th and 9th of March.
- New strikes were announced by owners of kiosks.